BACKPAX®: EXPEDITIONS -- an interactive magazine and community and community for "adventurous young minds™" worldwide -- engages children in history and culture through travel and adventure.
Each edition is conceived as an expedition in itself—a voyage of discovery for adventurous young minds™ ages 9 and older—to:
• DISCOVER little-known stories of people of daring and courage (including children) who changed their worlds—and ours.
• EXPLORE places from antiquity to modern times—“virtually” traveling from here to Timbuktu the BackPax way: via authentic eTours and AudioJourneys.
• CREATE unique artworks, dances, songs, or make do-it-yourself souvenirs with fun crafts and activities.
• CONNECT with fellow members the world over—sharing the fun and spreading the word—in GLOBAL PHONE-IN meetings!
• SOAR with members-only contests and prizes designed to nurture self-expression, critical thinking, leadership, and creativity.
Subscription features monthly subscriber eNewsletters, full access to the website, Parent/Teacher plus membership in the BACKPAX: EXPEDITIONS CLUB with monthly phone-in meetings monitored by the BackPax team for safety. Special Guest Jr. Editors—chosen on the basis of winning submissions—join a BackPax editor it planning and co-hosting a meeting.
BackPax was founded by Dr. Janus Adams -- an Emmy Award-winning journalist, author, historian, and mother. A school desegregation pioneer at 8, she has been breaking barriers of race and gender since childhood and blazing trails in education, broadcasting, publishing, and social justice in her professional life.